Sutter's Mill Specialties is the sole owner of information collected on this site. Except as outlined in this policy, we will not sell, share, or rent this information to any outside parties. You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. Should you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the storage of that information on our servers in the United States.
We may collect and store the following information:
- email address, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information such as credit cards or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities while on our website (such as purchasing of product) shipping information, billing information, and other information you provide us to ship your order;
- blog discussions, chat discussions, dispute resolution, and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our website, services, content, and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with data collected from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers (small files) that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser. We use "cookies" on certain of our pages to enable our systems to recognize your browser, to help analyze our web page flow, customize our services and content, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits. If you choose to reject the cookie, you can still browse our site but will be unable to use the shopping cart to buy merchandise. The Suttersmill.com shopping cart cannot function without cookies enabled so the necessary information to process your order is retained.
Some important data about cookies:
- Most cookies are "session cookies", meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You always have the ability to decline our cookies should your browser permit that. Please be advised that doing so may interfere with the use of some of our site or services.
Use of Suttersmill.com
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information, is to provide you with a safe, efficient, better optimized and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- customize, measure and improve our services, content, and advertising;
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Suttersmill.com does not sell products for purchase by children. Youth-oriented products are sold for purchase by adults only. If you are under the age of 18, you may use suttersmill.com in the presence of a consenting adult or guardian. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information via the Internet from children under the age of 13. Suttersmill.com is committed to protecting the welfare and privacy of children.
Suttersmill.com takes precautions to protect is customers' information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protect both online and offline. We treat data as an asset that must be protect and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters, and do not disclose the password used at suttersmill.com to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Sutter's Mill Specialties and change your password.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions